Associate Technical Consultant
- Salesforce consulting using Apex, LWC, and more. More details coming soon.
- New product development using a variety of enterprise tools, systems, and programming languages in an agile environment to create the largest financial API marketplace in the world
- Worked with SOAP and REST APIs written in various languages, including C# and Java. Development was primarily backend with code deployed to on-premises servers.
- Designed and architected new APIs based on user stories gathered through meetings with product teams regarding software requirements.
- Development on Real Time Payment project to decrease the wait time for banking transactions to fully post. Utilized Java to implement new features and functionality per business requirements.
- Used Git and BitBucket for version control, along with automated builds occurring in Jenkins.
- Project development in an Agile/SAFe environment, utilizing Jira to track progress to stay consistent with project timelines
Student Networking Assistant - IT
- Assist network engineers in daily operation of managing a large-scale enterprise network for over 15,000 users.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and install new equipment, often in networking rooms in buildings on campus.
- Visit offices and dorm rooms to repair customer equipment and diagnose connection issues, redirecting issue to the proper department if necessary.
- Work with other non-IT departments to gain access to restricted areas where work will be conducted, including construction sites, tunnels, crawlspaces, mechanical rooms, attics, and other access-controlled rooms.
- Respond to unexpected outages in a timely manner, usually without knowledge of what caused the issue, including visiting locations to repair connections that serve multiple buildings.
- Replace and test new and existing fiber optic connections to expand network redundancy within the network.
- Deliver, setup, and retrieve Cisco telephones within the university telecommunications network.
- Diagnose and repair problems with Cisco access points to provide wireless network connectivity campus wide.
RetireMe Amazon Alexa Skill
As part of the FIS Hackathon called InnovateIn48, I worked with 4 other coworkers over the course of 48 hours to design a solution that could be a future product offering from FIS. My team members and I started from scratch at the beginning and successfully wrote a proof of concept Amazon Alexa skill to help users monitor their retirement. The user can use their voice or touchscreen of the device to access different features like viewing account balance, retirement milestones, and news.
Consumption Diary Website
Using HTML, PHP, a database, and a REST API, my partner and I effectively applied the skills we learned in Web Application Programming at Miami University to create a diary website with a login that allows the user to keep track of foods they have consumed. Although the project was mostly designed to apply the skills from the course, it was an excellent project that required version control and coordination between team members. You can test out this project here.
Data Fusion Contest Capstone
For my Senior Capstone Project, I worked with two other Computer Science students to create an entry for the 2019 IEEE GRSS Data Fusion Contest. Every year, the Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) holds a challenge that involves processing remote sensing data. In May 2019, we presented our final project to our department. You can see our poster here.
Application List Viewer
In Intro to Software Engineering at Miami University, I applied Java skills with a team of other students to create a Java application with swing to display a list of applications in a computer application. The primary objective of this project was to teach the software development process and the teamwork it requires. We worked with a client (our teaching assistant) as she changed the requirements during the development process. This project showed me what the development process involves in a professional setting. You can see our code here.
A complex web application running on AWS that makes a call to the tumblr API to see if a user has recently liked a post. If the specified user has liked a post recently, the application sends a push notification to a list of users specified to tell them that a user is online. This ideally is designed for tracking when celebrities or famous accounts are online liking posts. I'm continuing to improve this project to add more features in the future.